Wednesday 11 June 2008

Love


I usually hate the word "love". I don't like the way its so commonly used between couples. Call me a pessemist, but I think it always sounds so fake when couples start telling each other they love each other a week into the relationship. I'm sorry, but be realistic.
When I was going out with Jamie he kept telling me he loved me-This creeped me out so I told him "love" was too strong a word and that "like" is much more appropriate. After about two months we started using the word love but I think it was because he was also my best friend at the time as well as my boyfriend, so the word was also used in a the sense that I really loved him as a friend.
I think its perfectly fine to say you love your friends, because you do. Or materialistic objects, as you don't mean it in the same sense as you do when you say it to your partner. I think the word "love" gets thrown around so often that it starts to lose meaning.
I'm sure my outlook on love is this way because I know that as a teenager the chance of staying with a partner forever is so small, so you always have to be prepared for the almost inevitable break-up. Personally I believe staying with the same person for most of your teenage life is unhealthy-How the hell would you manage being single if you have never been without a boyfriend or girlfriend before? How would you manage to maintain a healthy relationship with someone else if you are so used to having it with one specific person?
I just think its really naive when people at our age assume that they will stay with their partner forever.

But yesterday when I saw my boyfriend I realised something. As soon as he got on the bus and had gone round the corner (leaving me to sit shivering in the cold on Battersea bridge damn him) I missed him already. I almost felt slightly disgusted with myself for being so weak and dependent on a man, but maybe I love him?

I cringe saying this, but I've loved two people in my life and this feels the same. I just think its weird to fall in love with so many people at such a young age. The first one was Jamie who I was with for a year, whilst the second one was a boy I could never have, which is why I think I fell for him harder than anyone.
But as I was lying in bed last night I was wondering if I really love my Frenchie, and as much as I don't like admitting it I think I do. I've probably only been seeing him for about 3 months or something now but I think I'm starting to love him.
But I'll never admit it to him of course, he has to be the one to say it first. HAH.


Oh god I suck at life.
People like me should not have boyfriends. I SERIOUSLY have the attitude of a man. I don't like soppy love stuff and usually hate showing my real feelings towards people I like. Plus I like drinking beer.
MAJOR RETARDATION.
I probably have too much testosterone in my body or something. That could explain the excessive facial hair.


No comments: