Tuesday 8 September 2009

"Dressing to suit your shape"

It pisses me off.
I hate watching programmes where they help extremely overweight people dress to "flatter their womanly curves". It completely changes the meaning of the word "curvy", changing it from what I think is quite a lovely word into something that basically means FATTY-BOOM-BOOM. Admittedly, I do see myself being extremely overweight by the time I'm in my 50's, partly because I want to be able to roll to places and will be dead at 60. The reason I detest these programmes is because half of the time these women make up excuses for their weight gain; "Oh my matabolism is really slow", "My Mother was a large lady." The truth is that obesity is self-inflicted by these people. I will admit that when I gain weight it's because I like food and hate exercise, and don't see why others can't do so either.

I think as long as you like yourself, you don't have to make up excuses for your appearance. Plus "dressing for your shape" is a load of BULLSHIT. If we were all dressing to suit our body types we'd all be wearing wrap dresses.

Slight tangent from original writing idea, whoops.

No comments: