Tuesday 17 June 2008

OH TIMEZ

Yasmin is writing her CV tonight.
Then Yasmin is going to give in her CV to practically every interesting shop along oxford street.
Then Yasmin is going to earn money for the summer.

The prospect of working again in town is so exiting. Last time I did was during work experience where I spent all day on photoshop for some web design company in Soho. (Whilst in truth I was on Myspace), constantly went to the pub after work and went shopping during lunch breaks.
I actually miss that job so much, so this summer I definitely want a job up central.
I only live a fifteen minute walk from East Acton tube station and a 20 minute train journey, so the commute isn't too bad. Then again I love commuting.

I'm going to try American Apparel as you get 50% staff discount, the only problem is you pretty much stand there all day looking cool, and it's mandatory to wear their clothing. I'm also going to give Topshop and Urban Outfitters a try as the dicounts there are £25, and I get the feeling I'll meet loads of new interesting people which is always a plus.
But the thing I look most forward to getting a job for is the fact I have something do do for the next 10 weeks, as in the past few days I have done nothing but download countless music (500 SONGS TODAY HAH) and clean the entire house. It's got to a point where there is NOTHING LEFT TO CLEAN.
O_o

Plus the money.
Oh the money.
I know it won't be a lot but it will be sufficient enough to help me throughout summer.
Today I worked out the top three things I want to buy. If I don't spend any money for the rest of the month I can buy the first thing on my list.
The £65 light denim playsuit from French Connection. I would post a photo but the website doesn't sell it and you have to go into a shop to buy it. I know it sounds like a dodgy outfit choice, but it is one of THE most flattering outfits I have ever tried on.
The next on my list is this:
The 80gb IPod. I need one as my mini is full. Bursting, in fact.
It can only hold around 800-900 songs, whilst my ITunes libray boasts about 4500 songs. The only problem is that it costs around £160 which I can't afford at the moment, but hopefully work will help me save up sufficient funds for one.

Then the most coveted item in my list is this beauty:
GOD COMES IN THE FORM OF A HANDBAG.
I almost self-imploded when I saw this walking past the Vivienne Westwood World's End shop the other day. My boyfriend had to hold me back from licking the shop window. It has a strap on the inside which you can use to make it into a shoulder bag, and the massive Vivienne Westwood logo on the front is actually TO DIE FOR.
It costs around £400 though so I think it may take quite a bit of saving.
Hahaha.
Or I might try and find a fake off some chinese website or something....It just won't be the same though...
:'[

2 comments:

billiejd said...

The prospect of working in American Apparel is a depressing one.

I had a conversation with someone about this the other day. We came to the conclusion that in order to secure a placement, you have to look like a pretty girl trying deliberately to be ugly, and have a really thick Eastern European accent.

The downsides of the job are the starkly lit working conditions. I'm surprised American Appie doesn't have that awful hospital smell, actually. You would probably spend the last quarter of your shift clawing at the walls, then dry-heave when you left and sunlight hit your face.

DONT DO IT

Yasmin said...

Yeah I talked about this the other day to someone as well.
All you do is stand round looking aLtErNaTiVe and have the occasional 13-year old asking for knee-high socks, who then sheepishly leaves after realising she doesn't have enough money in her wallet.

Now I'm applying for a job at a little weird vintage shop in Camden next to some MEGA GOFFIK shop.