Monday 16 June 2008

Mother dearest

I found this weird high-waisted skirt in my Mum's cupboard from the 80's and it didn't fit her anymore so I could have it. Its yellow and fell down below the knee, looking rather rank so I decided to redesign it so now I have a nice short tulip skirt
SCOOORE.


But God my Mother pisses me off so much sometimes;
"Yaz you need to get a job where you earn tips."
"Yes Mum but I want to work in a shop."
"But you don't earn money that way"
"I don't mind so much. I want to so something I enjoy"
"You're so difficult"

HOW AM I DIFFICULT?
Why can't I choose my own job? It's my life for God's sake.
Then she keeps going on about how I'm never involved with the family anymore and don't want to go on holiday with them or anything. But in all honesty, name me one person my age who wants to travel to another country (probably a dead-end village in spain) in a 2-day car journey where the car smells like dead people? Adding on to that a brother who's only interest is XBox and volcanoes, a Father who wants to visit endless churches, and a Mother who literally picks at everything you say?
Garggggghhh I hate how she winds me up. Most people don't see how she intentionally pisses me off in a really childish way. Jessie is probably the only other person who's seen it and understands the great lengths my Mum goes to guilt trip me and take the piss out of me on an almost regular basis.
That woman actually drives me insane and I cannot wait to get out of the house where she can nitpick my unsuspecting little brother.

But the one thing that annoys me the most about her recently is that she USED to nag me about never being at home and "using the house like a hotel", but NOW she keeps telling me I need to go out more as I'm spending too much time at home?
WHAT DOES THIS WOMAN WANT FROM ME?!?!??!?

I love her to pieces but jeeezuz she makes me so mad.

No comments: