Sunday 27 July 2008

SHOEZ

I've always liked gladiator sandals, its just that my calves have the ability to crush babies, so I know that if I were to wear a pair my legs would look like sausages wrapped too tightly in string. But this summer I've been DREAMING about gladiator sandals and it was like a calling for me to buy a pair or something. I went to Aldo today and saw this pair:
They weren't too bad at £30 on sale, but they only came in white, and the black ones would have cost me £60 and there was no way in hell I'd pay that much. I ended up buying them after a rather embarassing incident which incuded me getting the zip at the back stuck and one of the shop workers seeing my underwear.
As soon as I walked into Urban Outfitters about half an hour later, I realised I preferred these as they looked like they would be more flattering, plus a lot cheaper at £17.99.
I bought them and when I tried to return the white ones there had been a leak in Aldo and the shop was closed so there was no way I could actually return them. But now looking at them I really really want to keep them, but spending £47 on shoes, with money that isn't even mine is wrong so I should give them back.
If I'm really really lucky I could keep them both. I honestly don't care if the white ones make my calves look like induvidual people I HAVE GROWN PHYSICALLY AND MANTALLY ATTACHED TO THEM.


Also New Look is a wanker as they didn't have that belt in stock. Gaylords.



But on the tube on the way home some old bloke that reeked of shit got on the carriage and cornered me, forcing me to listen to him screaming random crap about windows and Grandmothers. Everyone elkse on the carriage was lucky as they could all move, but I couldn't because he had me blocked between him and the glass. Afer about 15 minutes of him staring down my top, screaming obscenities and trying to start a fight with a man in the next carriage he finally fucked off. Ended up talking to a guy who lived in East Acton and was in this play about Florence Nightingale or something. He seemed to have a mild cardiac arrest when he found out my age, but then as soon as I said bye he gave me his number and told me to call him.
I don't think I ever will. He did have really cool shoes though.

I love how weirdos on public transport bring people together.

No comments: