Tuesday 8 July 2008

Wohay

SAW DA BF LOLZ.
He's buggering off to France on Friday so he might not be able to come see Yelle with me at Koko on Thursday as he has to be up early. Plus he said Yelle was a "pile of French shit" which made me laugh-I agree. It's like you're listening to French toddlers on E.
Actually that probably IS what you're listening to.
But tomorrow I'm going shopping with him which should be really funny as I've never been to Zara men before-I never even go in to Zara LET ALONE ZARA MEN.
The most I've ever ventured into men's clothing shops is into Topman and H&M, never REAL men's shops. There's something about neon hoodies which doesn't shout "RESPECTABLE ADULT HERE." If I were to work in a bar I would refuse serving anybody in a neon hoodie, unless of course they had severe facial hair or wrinkles. But even then I would want ID.


But by a man's clothes you can really work out what sort of person they are:

TOPMAN:
This shop varies, as amongst all the "youthful" garments you can find tailored suits and clothing for grown men. But most of it is aimed at 14 to 20-year olds. Pretty much all skinny indie boys shop here then rip the labels out and pretend to people that they're all alternative and shopped vintage. NAME ME ONE VINTAGE SHOP WHICH SELLS PERFECTLY FITTED RED SKINNIES GUSTAV? eh? eh?
Topman is both loved and loathed by many, as it is seen as a commercial shop and people believe it makes them less original for shopping there. Honestly I think it's all good as long as you veer away from the coloured hoodies with the print in the hood, and the plimsolls. Why pay £20 if you can pick them up in Brick Lane for a fiver?
Or head to India and ask a small child to make you two hundred for a mere 5 rupees. You would be able to do the same for all the rest of the clothing actually, Topman are SUCH a rip-off.



H&M:
Also, like Topman, are famous for their obviously-branded hoodies. I can spot a H&M hoodie from a mile away.(This goes for Women's hoodies as well.) The second you see the "I am UFO" print on one of them you just know.
I see H&M as the needy child who just won't ever be as good as his brother, Topman. The prices are cheaper though, and probably most of the same stuff as in Topman, but there isn't as large a range. Most "ZOMG I'Z AN ALTERNATIVE PERSON ND I LYK CLUBZ" would happily pop down to H&M to pick up a cheap hoodie or tshirt so they can spraypaint it when they get home. Or possibly wear it during the day, when they have to pretend to be a normal person.

Zara:
Never properly been in here, except that time where I got lost. I was really lost as I don't even know why I was in Zara, let alone man Zara.
When I think of Zara I see sharp tailoring, very European-looking clothing which you imagine most Dutch/Beligian/French/German people to wear. I think it's an Italian Brand. I also imagine a lot of Italian men wearing it. The vision is too realistic. That Italian look-ironed shirt, slightly bootcut jeans, simple belt, pointed loafers. Overly tanned with black hair often slicked black.
The worrying thing is I described my boyfriend, except he is sightly pasty(because of winter though) and he doesn't slick his hair back(unless he's just showered).
O_o



I think I'm having a slight identity crisis here now, the first time I saw him I thought he was Dutch, and now I have realised he dresses like an Italian. But he's French.
I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE.



The right shoulder of my jumper smells of vomit. I find this concerning as I have no idea why it does. Then again last time I wore it was after a night out at Hackney Wick, and weird shit happens in that place. Watch how someone vomited in my bag or something.


Goodnight I need to go to bed. Buying goldfish tomorrow. I intend on calling one of them Mussolini.
I wanted to call one Boris Johnson, but that would make me want to throw beer cans at it in a violent manner screaming drunken abuse about tubes. I want to save it for when I meet that hairy albino twat in real life. FI$H DEZURVE LUV.

No comments: