Sunday 5 October 2008

Blergh

I have no idea what I want to do in the future cos I sucked at anything science related, whilst my little 14 year-old brother EXCELS IN EVERYTHING. He's crap at English and art, the two things I'm good at but for some reason that doesn't especially matter in my family. The boy wonder can do no wrong with his future plans to become a mathematical physicist, whilst I'm stuck deciding what to eat for lunch.
He has it so easy; he knows what he wants to do, understands most education systems as I've been through it already and doesn't constantly get given grief over HIS interests.
All I hear from my family is, "Oh you're always out and never spend enough time with us" and "God Yasmin, shopping isn't THE most IMPORTANT thing in the world-You'll discover that there's more to life than that!"
Well, in all honesty, can't they ever give my brother a bollocking about his excessive use on the XBox and the fact he NEVER LEAVES THE HOUSE??? He spends most of, actually no, ALL OF his time indoors playing Halo and watching videos on youtube of equally sad exbox gamers killing n00bs or whatever it is they do. Why can't my parents acknowledge that I am different from them and don't enjoy cycling or tennis, and would rather read Elle than the New Scientist? I'm sick of being looked at like an idot when I discuss politics and then be told that they already knew that aaaages before me.
I can't win with them and it's really frustrating. Being constantly wound up by your mother to think that you're stupid is a horrible feeling, especially when I know that I do have brains in my head, however I don't walk round like some arrogant prick parading my knowledge around and making other people feel inferior.
I prefer to make terrible, dumb jokes which make people laugh, instead of constantly spweing out intelligence. It's not just my brother I'm talking about-It's also certain others who's head's have grown to such epic proportions, it just makes me cringe.
When people have brains, I prefer for them to flaunt their intelligence using witty humour rather than just going on about how well they do. It doesn't make you look interesting or clever. It just makes you look like a prat.


Complaint over. I'm off to go lick some walls and listen to the sound of elevator music in my empty head.

No comments: